Friday, August 04, 2006

Put it Down - from picturesfromheaven.com

Hey ya'll! I'm posting a "Picture from Heaven" borrowed from my pastor's blog
http://www.picturesfromheaven.com/ It's definitely worth sharing & worth applying~

Picture…a man carrying a heavy load. He can barely hang on to it with both hands it is so heavy. His shoulders are bent; his walk is little more than a shuffle. He knows that he is reaching his limit of endurance when someone walks up to him with a beautifully wrapped package. He shakes his head in despair, knowing that there is no way that he can reach out to receive the gift.

Hear…the Lord say, “The only way to receive the gifts that I want to give you is for you to put down the heavy load that you are carrying. I never intended for you to carry it. Others gave it to you, and you thought it was your duty to carry. But you are mistaken. It belongs to me. Let it go and reach out for those things that I do want to give you, wonderful gifts that will straighten your back and put a spring back in your step. I won’t take it from you. You must willingly, and cheerfully put it down at my feet.”Consider: I lift weights as a part of my “work out” regiment,” but I am still not all that strong. It might have something to do with the fact that I’m a 50 something year old woman, or it could be that I waited until I was nearly 50 to start exercising. Whatever the reason, I really can’t carry very much. That is…I can’t carry much in the “physical” realm. I can carry a lot of burdens on my shoulders. What about you? Do you have the ability to carry stuff around with you? Do you carry burdens for your children, spouse, parents or friends? Do you carry around burdens from past hurts that limit what you can be and do for God? I’m not accusing…I’m just asking. I know that I have a tendency to carry heavy loads with me. I usually don’t recognize it as a burden at first, but when I start to notice:
That I don’t have a spring in my step anymore…
That I’m tired all of the time…
That my laugh has no real ring of joy to it …
That I’ve worried through an entire stop light…

Then I know that it is burden-casting time. Are you able to recognize the symptoms in your own life? What does burden carrying look like in you? Are you carrying burdens right now? You have to decide what type of lifestyle you want to live, one that is filled with duty and grim determination or one of joy and peace. It’s your choice, not the people and circumstances surrounding you. Determine today that you are not going to carry heavy weights around with you. Lay them down at Jesus feet. When you are finally empty handed, you will be able to receive what God is offering to you today; freedom from sickness, pain of the past, weariness, the controlling behaviors of others, guilt, addictions and worries. The precious blood of our Lord has already paid for this freedom. It is yours to take, once you empty your hands.

Pray: “Jesus, I’m tired of walking around with all of these heavy burdens. I recognize that these are not mine to bear. I refuse to carry this weight of responsibility that causes sleepless nights. I refuse to worry about my loved ones any longer. I refuse to carry the pain from wounds inflicted by the things people have said or done in the past. The hurts that dictated who I was going to be and what I was going to do will limit me no longer. I forgive those who have harmed me. I let go of this pain. I choose to exchange my heavy burdens for Your own. I know that you want me to live a life of victory, and freedom. I receive it right now in Jesus name, Amen. ”

No comments: