The Northern Coast of Java - Indonesia
30-Days of Prayer for the Muslim World Ramadan 2007 / 1428: September 13 - October 12
For Monday, 1 October, Ramadan 2007. "Loving Muslims Through Prayer"
An Indonesian couple from a Muslim background invited some Christians to help them with their business. The Christians eventually began to share their beliefs with the Muslim couple. The husband and wife came to faith and even began to have Christian gatherings in their home.
Later there was strong opposition from the village leader who forbid the couple to see the Christians. The couple's business of marketing rice suffered. Soon no one wanted to buy rice from them and their faith was really put to test. The wife's faith was strong and she believed that God was going to help them. The next month the wife sold rice as she had never done before; the couple made more profit than in many previous months! They experienced God's faithfulness!
In the 16th century Islam was spread on the island of Java by travelling religious teachers. A group of nine men called the Wali Songo (The nine ambassadors of Islam) were important religious teachers who supposedly did powerful and unusual miraculous acts across the island. The histories of these men are not always clear but their tombs are often visited by local Muslims seeking supernatural help and blessing.
* It is a point of spiritual pride locally that Islam was first established in Java in this region. Pray that appropriate humbling would take place so that people could see the glory of the Lord Jesus and live in awe of Him, the true Lord of all the Earth.
* Pray for men and women of peace to open doors into the Islamic community in Semarang and among the Jawa Pesisir Lor people. While Indonesian Christians live among large populations of Muslims actually the two communities are largely separate and many Christians are fearful. Literally hundreds of church buildings have been burned and thousands of believers persecuted in Indonesia in recent years. Unfortunately Muslims often associate Christianity with the immoral behaviour of some nominal Christians. Pray that real believers would become more evident and find favour with the Muslims (Acts 2:42-47).
* Pray that more religious leaders and teachers will come to the Messiah, influencing their followers for the kingdom of God (Acts 6:7).
* Pray that the love and grace of our Lord Jesus the Messiah (Isa Al Masih) would become more and more evident tearing down the proud arguments falsely set up against the Lord and His followers (2 Cor. 10:4-5 and Matthew 10:16).
* Pray that believers will be protected from curses sent from dukuns (practitioners of black magic). Spiritual darkness is very present (Ephesians 6).
Also pray for...
* Please continue to pray for Aceh province in Sumatra. Possibly 100,000 people in the area are still very poorly housed following the Dec. 2004 earthquake and tsunami.
You are welcome and encouraged to forward these e-mails to others.
30-Days International write the materials and coordinate the translation into some 40 languages where booklets are distributed from around 30 offices around the world. Read Testimonies of former Muslims on our 30-days.net website - also in French from our Interactive Flash Site: 30daysfire.net