Friday, March 21, 2008

Hungry

I found these quotes on a facebook friend's page. Worth sharing, particularly in this "don't look at me" mood I'm in today. I'm painfully aware today of how small my circle really is. I'm thousands of miles away from where I want to be & hundreds of miles away from my family, some of whom are grieving, though together still for this holiday celebrating Christ's resurrection. Arise in my heart, Lord God.

Loneliness is never more cruel than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate. Germain Greer

When Christ said: ''I was hungry and you fed me,'' he didn't mean only the hunger for bread and for food; he also meant the hunger to be loved. Jesus himself experienced this loneliness. He came amongst his own and his own received him not, and it hurt him then and it has kept on hurting him. The same hunger, the same loneliness, the same having no one to be accepted by and to be loved and wanted by. Every human being in that case resembles Christ in his loneliness; and that is the hardest part, that's real hunger. Mother Teresa

Maybe I'm just hungry. Maybe I need to be bread for another.

1 comment:

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Father, I pray for my sister right now that you would reach down and envelope her with your arms of love. Let the Holy Comforter, your Holy Spirit minister to her in this time. I pray that she would feel your presence in such a way that would bring healing to her heart, peace to her soul and joy. Let your joy pervade her entire being even now Father God. Be with her I pray and strengthen, mold and glorify yourself in her through this time. Amen

Have a blessed day.
Jenn