Saturday, March 10, 2007

When two people connect, something is poured out of one and into the other that has the power to heal the soul of its deepest wounds and restore it to health.

In recent days, I have made a shift. I am now working toward the day when communities of God's people, ordinary Christians whose lives regularly intersect, will accomplish most of the good that we now depend on mental health professionals to provide. And they will do it by connecting with each other in ways that only the gospel makes possible.

Larry Crabb, Connecting (1997)

This was a poignant quote in the message I referenced in my last post. I couldn't make out my scribbles nor could I fill in all the blanks between the words I could read. Pastor Jerry was kind enough to send me the quote~ It speaks to the heart of the matter. Have a good one~

No comments: