Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I Spy

   
I Spy, by Keith Parris: 
Remember the game I Spy?  The leader would find a color in the room and say, "I spy something black" or whatever color the object happened to be.  Then every one takes turns trying to guess what the leader was seeing.  Sometimes, if it was really difficult to find, the leader would give hints by saying "You're getting warm."  
I was thinking how the closer we get to God, the more things we see about ourselves that need to change. Sometimes things are very clear and the truth is hard to handle about ourselves. It's easier to walk away and try to forget that we ever seen ourselves in that light. So we walk away and forget. But walking away won't change me. I have to humble myself before God and others so the thing can be removed. James describes it this way, "But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." James 1: 22-25 NLT

Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

No comments: