Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alarm-ing

Not sure how many of you caught my little snippet about Grace crowing like rooster in her sleep. Well, she was tickled about that. While it did not make it into the dream journal, she has commenced to crowing in the mornings...a delightful sign that morning has sprung & she's ready to meet the day. However, it's not cockadoodle-doo. It is CLOCK-a-doodle-doooooo. Funny - get it? CLOCK a doodle - alarm CLOCK? Hee hee - I have got to get some sleep.


But 1st - this Sunday was truly a reprieve after some serious schooling though the week & spilling on to my weekend. Darn..these weekend courses...I mean "Thank you, God, for this scholarship award." Anyway, just a time of refreshing & consecration. I was already thinking about taking Gracie up to pray with me when Pastor Chris suggested we bring our children. This youngster is anointed for missions work - I know it; known it from the womb. So, we waiting for our turn to be prayed for and she begins to cry. Now at first, I really believe it was in response to what God was doing and then that might have scared her a bit - feeling something new. Lots of other folks were crying; obviously touched by what God was doing. But then she said "Mom, I don't want to get pointed. It might hurt." No, honey, we're not going to get pointed - but ANOINTED - meaning God's going do something really special in us. So, it took some convincing she would not be pointed OR poked by any sharpy thing. :o)



BTW, Grace said she wanted God gift of music and violinin. OK - dear, ask & you shall receive. :o)

6 comments:

Dutchnic said...

:-) So cool that you share these things Gracie says with us!
And thanks for the congratulations. I'm so excited!!

Girly Muse said...

that's so cute. would love to hear gracie clock-a-doodling!!! and excited to hear updates about the violin. how fun!

you busy woman, you...hope you're managing to get good rest in your short hours.

Emily Beal said...

She wants to play the violin? A girl after my own heart!

Unknown said...

i LOVE the picture of that clock...ha! btw, do you remember that chicken picture you bought me as kind of a joke? i have it up on my living room wall!!

Randy Beal said...

Clock-a-doodle-doo! It makes sense. That's so cute.

Cylinda Nickel said...

She is going to be an awesome Missionary. You are raising a child of influence! Love you girl and I am so proud of you keeping it all going and flowing