Friday, November 09, 2007

Walking through the past & working through the wounds

"God's forgiveness is unconditional; it comes from a heart that does not demand anything for itself, a heart that is completely empty of self-seeking." ~ H. Nouwen

"Sons and daughters of the Father are called to a higher law, in order to resemble the forgiving Father....only the experience of being forgiven makes it possible for us to forgive....grace alone melts ungrace.....in the final analysis, forgiveness is an act of faith... I am trusting that God is a better justice-maker than I am...though wrong does not disappear when I forgive, it loses its grip on me and is taken over by God, who knows what to do." ~ P. Yancey

Extending grace to one another is believing in His sovereignty which is big enough to cover all our sins.

"The Lord! the Lord! a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in loving-kindness and truth!" Ex 34:6

We need to all spend less time scrutinizing one another, and look toward Him.


I'm really having a hard time lately in this area. I have some memories; pictures in my head of actual events that are very painful. I just don't know what to do with them. Actually, they weren't offense to me but I saw wounding of others I love. Not just words but, raised voices & raised hands that should have held & comforted. I just can't shake the memories. I asked God this week...what do I do with these short video clips that play & replay in my mind. There's guilt that I can't shake. I should have done something. I should have done more. What's my role now? Maybe He's answering me a bit this morning.

My xanga friend had just what the doctor ordered this morning...thought I'd share just a bit. What's your take? What's your suggestion? My heart longs to be free. What's your advice?

No comments: