Friday, July 08, 2011

Mama said...

Despite her Having Fun shirt in one of the most FUN places (Dollywood, 2006),
Grace was not happy about having her picture taken.
Mama said there'll be days like this...some days are just harder than others. You just get back up, dust yourself off & keep on going. Yes, mama said there'll be days like this.

Rough day.  It began before I got out of bed with this horrible dream where it was all my fault.  Then off to work.  My job is great in so many ways, but some days, I work hard for the money. This was one of those days. Drama practice (for real) was great, but then we got tangled up at the library.  With some tears & then hugs, we headed to the pool because water play helps crabby apple pants marshmallow sweetie pies find their smiles again. We unexpectedly intersected by friends who were delighted to see us & pleaded to take Gracie cakes to play. Even better!! Nothing makes you feel better than three giggly girlfriends begging you to come play. That makes a mama feel better, too. So, they played & mom had some time to catch up on some needful things for an hour or so. 

It got even better. Mom had some chat time with the sweet mother of the squealy girls. =) I needed that. I really needed that fresh perspective & voice of faith that reminded me that God is a very present help in time of need. Breathing easier...no more crabbies. 

We got home just in time to read a few verses from Gracie's new bible. Here's what she found: But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run & not grow weary.  They will walk & not faint. Isaiah 40:31

That's encouraging!

This is what I read: But as for you, Israel (Carmen & Gracie), my servant, Jacob (Carmen & Gracie) my chosen one descended from Abraham my friend; I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, "You are my servant."  For I have chose you & will not throw you away.  Don't be afraid, for I am with you.  Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you & help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Now that's REALLY encouraging! 

Mama said there'll be days like this. So glad our Father in heaven has a remedy for days like this. So glad. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it awesome that a child can find a verse in the Bible that feeds both her & her Mama's soul?!

cltgrace said...

I think it was divine indeed. =) Thanks, Val!