Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Embracing the promises

You are my keeper, my confidence & my guard. You are a sure thing and I trust in You. When my eyes, heart & character are fixed on you, You confidently keep me together.

People with their minds set (fixed) on you,
you keep completely whole,
Steady on their feet,
because they keep at it and don't quit.
Depend on God and keep at it
because in the Lord God you have a sure thing.

Isaiah 26:3 The Message

3You will guard her and keep her in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because she commits herself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.

4So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].

Isaiah 26:3 The Amplified Bible

No comments: