Saturday, February 10, 2007

'Tis the season~

Cough...sneeze...sniffle...sputter...ick~ yep, we're up on road to recovery from a nasty winter cold & cough. Thankfully, we're on the upswing now after over a week at home. I worked for a bit yesterday...hated to get Gracie out in the burr...itter cold...what 'cha gonna do? Wow~ I miss people when Im shut up inside...how I appreciate those who notice we're missing from the game & check in on us. Thanks~

Not much to update...Grace & I watched our very 1st full length on football game - on purpose with snacks even. :o) Now, I don't know much about football and granted, if the Bears weren't in it and all my other friends were not doing the whole Superbowl Party..I would not have thougth twice to watch even a tiny bit of a game. That is, unless we happen to be somewhere it's on & there's a rucus or something about a play, call, etc. But all my friends were partying somewhere...at least the 1st minute of the game...and Chicago was playing and for the sake of water cooler talk...so to speak... it was as good a time as ever to watch my first game. I would venture a guess that it was a good game, kept my interest and Gracie did a few cheers between coughs, sneezes spits & sputters. I was most impressed by the apparent integrity of the coaches and smiled widely at the end when millions of folks heard the glory given to God. Wow! I loved that part!

School...well, to tell the truth I haven't even logged into my classes for the past week...scared to see what I've missed. My practicum...out sick but making up a missed day on Tuesday...gotta get those hours in for sure! Church...so excited tomorrow is the lauch of our Shorewood campus! Whooo hoooo! Just found out Gracie's favorite Sunday School teacher is part of the lauch team...Bye Miss Laura. We miss you already! Anyway...it's exciting to think about what good things God is up do in us, to us, through us and with us.

Speaking of God in us...K. left a comment on my 101 Ways to Praise Your Kid via email, reminding me of a an old Sunday School song with a few things I can add to my list of praises.

I Am A Promise

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture on this post! Hope you and Gracie are on the mend.

Bob's favorite sister :-)

Jennifer, Gabe and Gabi said...

I was watching the news and thought of you! Looks like you guys are getting more snow. Enjoy! Wish we could get a couple of inches down here.

Anonymous said...

Tom says: Cool picture! Hey, didn't Bill Gaither do that Promise song??