Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Counting Gifts

We are visiting with family this week in North Carolina. I am counting gifts this week. Though my list was on hiatus, the gratitude remains.
77.  Family recipes in my mother's own handwriting.
78.  Recounting memories with my sister. She usually has some detail lost to me.
79. Grace and cousin, Haddon, making the most delicious melt in your mouth pancakes. Lemon juice in the pancake mix? Who knew? Haddon, that's who. Yummilicious!
80. Mimi sharing her Ella with Grace.
81. Pliable hearts in the hand of a God who helps mend wounds between us.
82. Oceans of fun. Literally. We are going to the OCEAN tomorrow. I am not sure who is more thrilled  - Grace or her water loving Mama. =) Happy! Happy! Happy!
83. Time to just be.
84. Friends who love me enough to miss me. I love them right back.
85. Juicy peaches. It's not summer without a juicy peach staining your cheek sweet.
86. Butterfinger trifle - a new something sweet. Looks like it's even low cal. BONUS!
87. Breaking bread and sharing the Word with new found brothers and sisters in Christ.
88. Reminders that He's got the whole world in His hand...little, bitty babies and the mamas and papas that grieve for them. The only peace is that Jesus is right there with them and they will wake in His arms and there forever remain.
89. There is no shame in Jesus, but there is a safe shelter from the storms and tumult of this life. "Shame is a bully and grace is a shield. You are safe here. No shame. No fear. No hiding. It's always safe for the suffering here."  Ann Voscamp
90.  Words from the heart and pen of Ann Voscamp. I am undone over and over and over again.
91.  Singing dulcimer in Need To Breathe's "Multiplied".

No comments: